Hospitals will generally send the bill for hospitalisation directly to the health fund. You will need to pay your hospital cover excess directly to the hospital.
Health care providers such as dentists, physiotherapists, optometrists and chiropractors etc who use electronic claiming systems such as HICAPS will usually settle the matter on the spot providing you have your HCF membership card with you.
Alternatively, you can claim online or mail a completed HCF Claim Form and your original itemised account/receipt to HCF and your benefits will be credited directly into your nominated financial institution account.
Medicare Two Way
Claims can also be lodged at any Medicare office in Australia through a facility known as Medicare Two Way. They will then forward them on to HCF for processing. To lodge your Medicare two-way claim at your local Medicare office you will need to:
- complete a Medicare Two-Way Claim Form
- attach your original accounts, and receipts if paid, and place them in the 'drop box' or lodge with Medicare office staff.
Medicare will forward your claim to HCF for processing and your benefits will generally be deposited directly into your nominated financial institution account
HCF On-line Services
HCF provide a variety of online services to help you get the most from your membership:
- Online Claims for Extras services
- Make a payment securely online
- View and change your membership and cover details
- View your Extras claims history
- Sign up to receive your HCF ATO statement , Policy summary and Rate notifications electronically
- Sign up for other member notifications including reminder and arrears notices and reminders via SMS
- Prostheses items list including price, benefits and gap information
- Find a Health Professional
- What you should know before going into hospital
- Extended Family Cover and Student Dependant registration